MPC5200b external interrupt registration problem

Nick ndroogh at rogers.com
Sat May 10 04:49:04 EST 2008

Hi,

I am writing a driver to service an interrupt from our fpga.  I am calling request_irq in the open
function of my driver.  The fpga is connected to external interrupt 1.  I am using interrupt
number 65 in the request_irq but the function is failing.  I traced to a function called setup_irq
in file /kernel/irq/manage.c.  It fails because at this line: if (desc->chip == &no_irq_chip) .
Is 65 the wrong interrupt number?  What do I need to do to properly setup for external interrupts?

Thanks for any help,

Nick