powerpc port for sbc8260-based board problem

Sergej Stepanov Sergej.Stepanov at ids.de
Thu May 8 04:40:52 EST 2008

Hello Scott

Am Mittwoch, den 07.05.2008, 13:22 -0500 schrieb Scott Wood:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:31:52AM -0700, Boris Shteinbock wrote:
> >      /* Monitor port/SMC1 */
> >      smc1: serial at 11a80 {
> >        device_type = "serial";
> >        compatible = "fsl,mpc8260-smc-uart",
> >                     "fsl,cpm2-smc-uart";
> >        reg = <0x11a80 0x20 0x1100 0x40>;
>
> The second reg resource depends on where your firmware set up the SMC pram
> regs.  With U-boot, it's usually zero.
>
> Note that as of 2.6.26-rc1, this is set up dynamically instead, and the
> second resource should be 0x87fc 2.

You are right with 0x87fc. It is one more point.
Also if your brg clock-frequency-property was correctly fixed from
u-boot.

My story is follow: we have mpc8247 based card.
The problem with smc happens due to the cpm reset.
Of course, if you have not CONFIG_PPC_EARLY_DEBUG_CPM with
CONFIG_PPC_CPM_NEW_BINDING.
May be it is some kind of mistake, but i could fix the problem with the
patch i told above.
Could give me some your note, please? Thank you.

Regards
Sergej.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Sergej Stepanov
Software-Entwicklung

IDS GmbH
E-PA  (Entwicklung - Prozess Automatisierung)
Nobelstr. 18,
D-76275 Ettlingen
T. (0) 72 43/2 18-615
F. (0) 72 43/2 18-100
E. Sergej.Stepanov at ids.de

<http://www.ids.de>
Geschäftsführer: Norbert Wagner, Friedrich Abriß
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ettlingen
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 362503