[Cbe-oss-dev] Xorg crash when PCI not enabled (was [patch 5/5] PS3: Update ps3_defconfig)

Dan Munckton lists at munckfish.net
Tue May 6 19:44:12 EST 2008

Hi

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 10:14 +0200, Marvin wrote:
> p.s. I installed fc9 last week and Xorg crashes when PCI is not
> enabled. just
> in case someone has the same problem.

The Ubuntu PS3 team is also working on an a couple of bugs relating to
lack of PCI info. I don't know if these are the same issues you're
facing. We're tracking them here at [0] and [2].

We had an initial crash was simple to fix [1]. Now we need to get X to
automatically load the fbdev driver instead of vesa [2].

Cheers

Dan

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ps3-port/+bug/217647
[1] http://launchpadlibrarian.net/13569440/closedir.patch