SKB corruption on heavy traffic

Matvejchikov Ilya matvejchikov at gmail.com
Sun May 4 00:07:48 EST 2008

Hi all!

The same problem! I've tried 2.4.xx and 2.6.xx kernels. Nothing changed!
BUT. After many days of fucking with fs_enet driver I've found a
stable (as I see) solution. The bugs I've had:
 - kernel oopses
 - SKB data corruption
 - BDs status corruption
 - SKB ring full message
 - too many RX errors
 - may be something else :)

For now I have a 2.4.35 fs_enet driver that works on heavy load
24/7... I don't know what happens with my 8260 board, but with this
code it be very stable. I supposed that there are some errors in 8260
CPM core, but errata don't know about it :)

I've append an attachment with my 2.4.35 kernel patch. Sorry for a big
file and not for only fs_enet file. Moreover I've used CPM111 errata
microcode and NAPI in fs_enet driver.

If you have any questions I'm glad to hear it.