NAND command line partiions

Ronald Madrid ron_madrid at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 04:24:35 EST 2008

I am using u-boot-1.3.1 in order to boot linux 2.6.25 on a custom MPC8313 based board.  In past versions of the kernel I was able to pass the NAND partition information to the kernel with this line: root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=jffs2 rw console=ttyS0,115200 mtdparts=nand0:1M(u-boot),3M(kernel),-(jffs2).  In this latest version the kernel will not mount the partitions because the name that is parsed from the command line (nand0) is different from that of the name of the NAND that comes from ./drivers/mtd/nand/nand_ids.c (NAND 256MiB 3,3V 8-bit).

I have tried to change the name of the NAND that is passed in via the command line, but u-boot does not seem to like the format of the name that linux compares against.  It doesn't like the ,(comma) in 3,3V.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ron Madrid