[RESEND][POWERPC] mpc5200: Amalgamated dts fixes and updates

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Thu Mar 27 10:28:11 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:57:30PM +0000, Matt Sealey wrote:
> David Gibson wrote:

>>> "phy0:" is a label used by dtc.
>>> "ethernet-phy at 0" is the node name.
>> I would suggest a space after the colon though, to make this clearer.
>> That's the style I've been using in all my dts files.
>
> I would suggest taking a hint from C structures...
>
> ethernet-phy at 0 {
> 	name = "ethernet-phy";
> 	reg = <0>;
> 	foo = bar;
> } phy0;
>
> I mean, this is really intuitive, we all do this every day...

That's a terrible analogy though.  The OF name is in no way like a
structure's type, which is what would go there.  Plus it separates the
label from the top of the node which will make it harder to read.

The label syntax is already based on C labels, and can be used more
places than just nodes.  Putting a space should make it rather
clearer, and is also closer to normal C style (how many people would
write
	out:return(err);

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson