Which Kernel for Ocotea (440GX)?

Wolfgang Wegner wolfgang at leila.ping.de
Thu Mar 27 10:18:42 EST 2008

Hi Wolfgang,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:45:33PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> You can find Ocotea support (still arch/ppc only) in our kenrel
> repository - see git://www.denx.de/git/linux-2.6-denx.git
>
> I think if you just followed the links on AMCC's web site they should
> have taken you there, too. Please let me know if this didn't work for
> some reason.

thank you very much, I fetched the kernel and at least it built
correctly.

It seems I am still doing something wrong with configuration, but as
I am getting this far, it should be possible to solve. I just wanted
to give feedback in time that the build is OK.

Thank you and best regards,
Wolfgang

At the moment this is what I get:

=> bootm 0x400000
## Booting image at 00400000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux
   Created:      2008-03-26  23:12:26 UTC
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1428044 Bytes =  1.4 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK