Please pull linux-2.6-mpc52xx.git

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Wed Mar 26 05:51:41 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Bartlomiej Sieka <tur at semihalf.com> wrote:
> Grant Likely wrote:
>  > The one part that I have a really strong opinion on is that there
>  > should be a full featured mpc5200 defconfig for build testing.  Beyond
>  > that (and if ojn can also be appeased) I can probably be convinced.  :-)
>
>  Hi Grant,
>
>  How to deal with a situation where I need a particular PHY driver from
>  libphy compiled in the kernel for one of the MPC5200 boards? Adding it
>  to mpc5200_defconfig doesn't seem like a right thing to do.

Why not?  mpc5200_defconfig is all about compile and runtime testing
on many platforms to make sure drivers play well together.  I have no
problem adding more drivers to the mpc5200 defconfig.  (In fact, I
encourage it).

>  How to
>  convince you (and appease ojn) to accept a patch that adds a
>  board-specific defconfig that only slightly differs from
>  mpc5200_defconfig? :)

I'm thinking 'optimized' defconfigs should go into a subdirectory.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.