how to use head_fsl_booke.S:abort to restart

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macqel.be
Wed Mar 26 03:15:13 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have a mpc8540 board that could reboot when driven by a ARCH=ppc linux,
but that hangs now in arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:fsl_rstcr_restart when
asked to reboot with a ARCH=powerpc linux.

I have found that if I call arch/powerpc/kernel/head_fsl_booke.S:abort from
there, my board reboots correctly, but I feel that's not the right place
to put that call.  Where/how should I do that ?

Philippe

PS : Does arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c:fsl_rstcr_restart actually work
for mpc8540_ads boards ?