dcr stuff.

Stephen Neuendorffer stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com
Sat Mar 22 06:05:40 EST 2008

Is anybody working on the dcr infrastructure?

In particular, there seems to be inconsistency between what the kernel
does and what ePAPR thinks it should.  The code in the kernel selects
mmio or native access based on a Kconfig parameter and uses some device
tree parameters to correctly configure the mmio access, whereas ePAPR
doesn't seem to document all the device tree attributes (in particular,
dcr-mmio-stride and dcr-mmio-range) and provides a dynamic binding for
dcr-access-method...

Is there a plan here?  (In particular, in FPGA designs, its possible to
have crazy things like multiple independent dcr busses, some using
native access, some using mmio.  Or even if there is one bus, many of
the existing non-linux drivers we have assume native or mmio access.
I'd like to clean this up, obviously.. :)

Steve