Please pull linux-2.6-mpc52xx.git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 18 07:59:56 EST 2008

In message <fa686aa40803171219s7135a0f8n91bcd20329a94637 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> >  What is the status of the various MPC5200-related patches (support for
> >  TQM5200, CM5200 and Motion-PRO boards, few drivers, etc) posted some
> >  time ago by Marian Balakowicz? There's been some comments to the patches
> >  on the list, which were addressed and no further discussion occurred, so
> >  we were hoping that the changes would go upstream (in 2.6.25). I can see
> >  that the .dts files for those boards are in the mainline already, but I
> >  see no trace of for example _defconfig files -- could you shed some
> >  light on this?
>
> Yes, the separate dts files have been dropped in preference for a
> single mpc5200_defconfig for all 5200 boards.

I know that my opinion doesn't matter but that's a  stupid  thing  to
do. Do you think that this single mpc5200_defconfig will (a) work and
(b)  be  useful  on all 5200 boards? Who hast tested it, and on which
platforms?

And what about the other patches? I see no code for these boards in
arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/ ?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.