ARCH=ppc -> ARCH=powerpc : help needed for dts file

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macqel.be
Mon Mar 10 09:31:09 EST 2008

Hi Ben,

I now have a working linux on my mpc8540 based board, with support for
the compactflash disk and the i2c rtc.

The network tough, does not work yet. altough the the integrated ethernet
controller (FEC) seems to be recognized.  Could it be a problem with the phy ?
I notice that I do not have an entry for gfar_interrupt in /proc/interrupts
on my ethernet-missing linux, while I have one ont the working arch/ppc linux ?
Do I need to give the phy type in the dts file, and how ?

I would also like to know if it is possible to still get in linux the mac
address known by uboot when using a dts file, and how ?

Thanks for listening.

Philippe