ide pmac breakage

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jul 31 08:49:12 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 21:11 +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> > Note that there shouldn't be anything fundamentally different from
> > ide-pmac here vs. something like pcmcia IDE cards... do you have one
> of
> > these to test with ?
>
> Nope and I really don't intend to have one.  I count on other people
> to take some care of support for host drivers that they
> maintain/use. ;)

Hrm... that's not a very sane approach. You have some infrastructure for
adding / removing devices, in fact changes things in that area even, and
not a single piece of HW to exercise those code path ? I don't ask you
to get a powermac with a media-bay, but ide_cs seems to be a pretty
important one that's part of what the ide maintainer should take care
of... And I suspect it's going to exercise the same code path as
mediabay.

Ben.