MPC8323RDB BSP on Kernel2.4

Paul Gortmaker paul.gortmaker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 05:05:10 EST 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:44 PM, mike zheng <mail4mz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is the any MPC8323RDB BSP on Kernel 2.4? I have the BSP on Kernel 2.6
> provided by Freescale. Unfortunate we are using Kernel2.4. Is there
> any exist BSP of this board on Kernel2.4? Or a BSP of similar board on
> Kernel2.4?

Generally speaking, most of these more modern eval boards from
Freescale have been supported only since post 2.6.15 or so, and as
such are implemented as arch/powerpc and not the older/obsolete
arch/ppc (as what was used in 2.4).   Trying to graft them onto a
2.4 kernel sounds like a lot of wasted cycles to me.  You may have
to revisit your reasoning for requiring a 2.4 kernel.

Paul.