32-bit kernel on PPC64 supported?

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat Jul 19 07:24:08 EST 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008, Marvin wrote:
> in which POWER4 is always undefined, e.g. in
> include/asm-powerpc/mmu_context.h. Maybe this is a leftover from times, where
> 64-bit kernels where not supported on Powermacs. Is this 32-bit support still
> necessary?

There is currently no 64-bit machine that is supported by current kernels,
and I don't think there is any reason to add this again.

I'm not sure what the point of your plan to replace CONFIG_POWER4 is, but
it sounds like this case is slightly different, as you remove a potential
feature, so I guess it should be a separate patch.

	Arnd <><