2.6.26 does not boot on Pegasos

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Wed Jul 16 01:59:44 EST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 04:27:49PM +0100, Matt Sealey wrote:
> If you built this kernel yourself, you need to do it from a system with
> an up-to-date binutils (2.18) otherwise, it does this.

Thanks, this is likely the problem. The distribution is Debian stable
with all security udates but the binutils are still 2.17. I was also
wondering why the zImage was exploding from 2 to 5MB and why it spent
so much time in gzip at the end of a build.

Trying to add Lenny source does not help, bummer. Aptitude fails
with an error message like "Dynamic MMap ran out of room".

	Regards,
	Gabriel