Updates to powerpc.git

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Jul 10 02:08:32 EST 2008

Kumar,

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 07:58:38 -0500 Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> What is your intent with the 'master' branch?  I hope you do NOT plan
> on ever rebasing it.  I assume if a patch gets into master and we drop
> it you'll do a git-revert of it?

"Ever" is such a strong word.  Even Paul on occasion rebased his master
branch.  I see no reason why Ben could not run his master (or maybe
better named "test") branch as a place that patches come and go and his
"next" branch as something that never (or very rarely) gets rebased with
commits progressing from master (test) to next when he is satisfied with
them. People should then base further work in the "next" branch.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/