MPC83xx ipic problem

André Schwarz Andre.Schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Tue Jul 1 03:14:19 EST 2008

Segher,

actually I'm the hardware designer ... :-) .... having trouble with
software.

The outputs are open-drain and can be connected (wired-or) together.
Otherwise "shared irq" wouldn't be possible that easy.

cheers,
André

Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>> interrupt-map = <0x5800 0 0 1 &ipic 0x30 0x8      -> FPGA @ IRQ0
>>                  0x6000 0 0 1 &ipic 0x11 0x8      -> miniPCI INTA @ IRQ1
>>                  0x6000 0 0 2 &ipic 0x11 0x8>;    -> miniPCI INTB @ IRQ1
>>
>> Is it legal to use a single irq pin twice ?
>
> The device tree simply describes the hardware; if the hardware
> connects both INTXs to the same IPIC interrupt pin, then it is
> correct.  You'll have to ask a hardware designer whether it is
> okay to just tie the two lines together; I believe it is, for
> PCI, but you better ask someone who really knows :-)
>

> Segher

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstraße 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler  - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 271090
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner