/proc/bus/pci and domains

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Fri Feb 15 08:45:14 EST 2008

Hi!

> > Would it be acceptable for the PPC folks to modify the code to add
> > domain numbers to the device numbers in /proc/bus/pci/devices in the
> > same format as the bus directories already have?
>
> Be careful, things like the X server parse that file, and X's
> parser does not expect domain numbers there so you will break
> things :-(

Yes, but neither does it expect domain numbers in the directory names,
I guess :-)

But thanks for the tip, I will check X before I post the patch.

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares                          <mj at ucw.cz>   http://mj.ucw.cz/
A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.