Could the DTS experts look at this?

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Wed Feb 13 06:10:49 EST 2008

Grant Likely wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008 11:52 AM, Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com> wrote:
>> It'd be nice if we could pass in a flag to tell it not to try to find
>> additional consecutive chips in the mapping...  It's a shame to have
>> probable chips, and still have to know how big they are anyway.
>
> That is the job of the boot loader or wrapper.

Hmm?  All I meant was that it'd be nice if there were an option in the
Linux mtd code to disable the "look for another chip and cause a machine
check if it isn't there" functionality.  It was an aside from the
dts-variant issue.

> The whole concept of
> the device tree is that by the time it gets to the kernel it is an
> accurate representation of the hardware; not a list of things which
> might or might not be present.

But we don't generally include things which can be probed in a standard
manner... which includes flash size.

-Scott