asm-offsets.c

Sean MacLennan smaclennan at pikatech.com
Fri Feb 8 07:24:42 EST 2008

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 23:43 -0500, Sean MacLennan wrote:
>
>> I just did a git pull of Josh's tree, and
>> arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c does not compile. I have only been
>> glossing over the linuxppc-dev emails, so forgive me if this already
>> came up.
>>
>> It looks like, at least for the Warp, CLOCK_REALTIME_RES is not defined
>> so asm-offsets.c gets an error. The following patch fixes it.... but I
>> am not sure it is right since I don't know if CLOCK_REALTIME_RES should
>> be defined.
>>

> Hrm... this macro should -define- CLOCK_REALTIME_RES, not rely on an
> existing definition...

If I comment out CLOCK_REALTIME in include/linux/time.h then I fail:

  CC      arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.s
arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c: In function 'main':
arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:313: error: 'CLOCK_REALTIME' undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:313: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:313: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
make: *** [prepare0] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/seanm/taco/for-2.6.25'

It looks like the first arg must be defined?

Cheers,
   Sean