compile quirk linux-2.6.24 (with workaround)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 6 21:07:37 EST 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 16:38, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > That would mean we're dropping support for compilers which can't build
> > 405/440 specific wrapper bits (or other core specific quirks that need
> > to go in the wrapper)  That doesn't sound appropriate to me.

I agree.
Note that dropping support for these compilers will raise the hurdle to
compile kernels, which might lead to less testing of the whole kernel. This
effect would probably eat up the advantages of better testing by always
building the whole source. So I do not recommend it. :)

> No it doesn't.  At least not yet.  I said I'd try to come up with a
> patch soon-ish.

Thanks in advance!