Long boot delay on 460EX with 2.6.28-rc8

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Fri Dec 19 18:36:53 EST 2008

Josh Boyer-3 wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 02:29:52AM -0800, Felix Radensky wrote:
>>

> I booted on a canyonlands this morning (after having removed the brown
> paper bag that preventing me from booting it yesterday).  I saw no
> delay.
>
> josh

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied. I've managed to identify the cause
of the delay. The board is equipped with 256 MiB Samsung NAND flash.
Since NAND support is a must for this platform, I've intergated the ndfc
driver recently posted by Sean McLennan. With this driver enabled the delay
is present, without it messages appear on the console immediately.

Is this an expected behavior - detection of 256 MiB NAND flash
takes around 20 seconds. The ndfc driver works fine after boot.

Felix.