Long boot delay on 460EX with 2.6.28-rc8

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Thu Dec 18 21:29:52 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm experiencing a long (around 20 sec) delay from the moment
u-boot-1.3.4 passes control to linux and until the first kernel message
appears on console. This happens on custom board, I don't have access
to Canyonlands to test how it behaves. I did not modify anything in kernel
code to make it boot on custom board, just removed PCIX and PCIE0 nodes
from DTS.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior with 460EX ? Any hints what can
cause this ?

Thanks a lot.

Felix.