Trying to understand ppc4xx_configure_pciex_PIMs mapping to physical address 0

Ayman El-Khashab AymanE at tanisys.com
Sat Dec 13 03:49:36 EST 2008

I am using the ppc460ex as an endpoint and I see that the mentioned
function setups a 32Mb
window at address 0 in sdram.  what i want is some memory that the host
can read/write to.
But the 32Mb that are already mapped at the bottom of ram, so it would
not be good do writes
to those addresses.  Am I missing something?  My driver right now is not
touching the PIM
registers.

So is the right way to do this to change the PIM registers after I get a
buffer in the kernel -- or
something else?

How would I make sure that it was aligned on a 32Mb boundry per the 44x
requirements?

thanks
ayman