Help enabling PCI endpoint on 460EX, host sees disabled

Ayman El-Khashab AymanE at tanisys.com
Thu Dec 11 10:29:53 EST 2008

My system consists of a pair of 460EXs attached by way of both PCI-E and
PCI.  Ultimately my goal is to communicate between them via pci-e (is
there anything out there that does this already?).  For a small step, I
am trying to get the PCI to work.  I already have the PCI boot ability
of the 460EXs working so the "adapter" processor is booting from the
masters main memory.  Right now I am trying to just exchange data via
the regular PCI bus.  I've looked through the kernel code and see where
it is using the "dma-ranges" from the device tree to setup the PIM
registers.  So I am good there.  When I look at the PCI bus from the
host though, I see the following output from lspci.

0001:00:02.0 Class 0680: Unknown device 10e8:a003
        Subsystem: Unknown device 1014:cafe
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 128, IRQ 22
        Memory at d80000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [disabled]
[size=80000000]
        Capabilities: [c0] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/2 Enable-
        Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [dc] PCI-X non-bridge device
        Capabilities: [48] Vital Product Data

I am assuming that the disabled is probably because the pci command
register on the adapter is not correct.  However I am not entirely sure.
And I assume that the disabled means I won't be able to write to it.  So
what do I need to do to get this enabled?

Thanks