usb/eth DTS nodes for custom board based on mpc5200

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sat Dec 6 01:40:09 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:22 AM, Angelo <s104259 at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'd like to know if it's necessary to modify my DTS.
>
> On my board I have:
> * u-boot 1.2.0
> * kernel 2.6.21
> * arch=powerpc
> * dts based on lite5200b.dts
> * USB port (USB2) configured on the Ethernet port
>
> Is it necessary to combine Ethernet and usb nodes into the device tree
> source?

No.  Configuring the Ethernet pins for USB IO is just a pin routing
board setup task.  You do need to make sure U-Boot sets up the
port_config register correctly, but it doesn't impact the device tree.
 You don't need to change any of the values in the USB node.

However, if the Ethernet device is unused then you should remove the
Ethernet node from your device tree.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.