[RFC] mtd: add OF2PDEV convertor for the NDFC driver

Josh Boyer jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Aug 21 10:37:19 EST 2008

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:40:58 +0200
Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 August 2008, Sebastian Siewior wrote:
> > I didn't convert the NDFC driver to support OF because there are
> > non-OF-aware platforms with the ndfc chip.
> > All settings are mandatory except the oob layout.
>
> Are you aware of Sean's patch from
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=20183 ?

I need to look at that hard for .28 still.

> What are the other platforms using it?

There should be none.  It was an arch/ppc driver originally, and
arch/ppc is dead.  Since it's only found on 4xx SoCs, there's no reason
that I'm aware of to keep it as a platform driver.

Other than the fact that the whole of_platform thing might be replaced
with shims to convert them to platform devices.  There was talk of that
at one time and it made sense to me.

josh