[BUG] fec_mpc52xx: Don't call mpc52xx_fec_reset() in ISR

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Fri Aug 15 21:45:39 EST 2008

Hello Wolfgang (and all),

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 04:12:17PM +0200, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:

> ...but I prepared a patch to do the reset in the process context. Would be
> nice if you could give the patch below a try.
Will do later. Thanks!

Still, I think it might be useful to discuss if a complete reset
is not overkill anyhow. The documentation says that only the FIFO
and the Bestcom needs to be reset. Or, if we take the "big hammer"
solution, it would be good to audit if this won't cause any
side-effects (do all related states get updated...).

Remember that there lately have been patches removing some improper
usage of netif_* calls; furthermore, I also found some questionable
areas in this code (mails will be sent later). So, this driver
needs some careful attention IMHO.

All the best,

   Wolfram

--