nfsd, v4: oops in find_acceptable_alias, ppc32 Linux, post-2.6.27-rc1

Paul Collins paul at burly.ondioline.org
Tue Aug 5 19:43:37 EST 2008

Michael Ellerman <michael at ellerman.id.au> writes:

> I see you have FTRACE enabled. That's new and could potentially bugger
> things up without the compiler knowing, so can you turn that off.

With FTRACE disabled, doing cross-builds from the 2.6.26 amd64 client, a
setup that normally triggers the problem on the 2nd or 3rd build, I was
able to do 10 complete builds.  ("make clean oldconfig vmlinux modules")

So it looks like ftrace is the cause, or at least provokes some other
usually-latent problem.  I wasn't using it, so I'll just leave it off.

> And can you enable CONFIG_CODE_PATCHING_SELFTEST and
> CONFIG_FTR_FIXUP_SELFTEST, that will enable tests of some code I changed
> that /could/ (maybe) cause random blow ups.

With those options enabled, I get this:

  Running code patching self-tests ...
  Running feature fixup self-tests ...

--
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood