[Cbe-oss-dev] [patch 0/8] PS3 AV Settings Driver patches for 2.6.24

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Sat Sep 29 18:00:13 EST 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Geoff Levand wrote:
> Michael Ellerman wrote:

> >> It is not that bad.  If a bootloader is configued to use autodetection
> >> so that it is shown at best video mode, then it should have advertised
> >> key sequences to default to known video modes, with at least a 480p 'safe'
> >> mode.
> >
> > Oh OK, that is a good idea. What's the "safe mode" key sequence for the
> > otheros.bld you provide on kernel.org?
>
> I don't maintain that, and have no idea how it sets its video mode.  Did you
> have trouble with it?  I know in the past it used a fixed 480p mode.

It uses the autodetect mode. In the past, the kernel defaulted to 480p for
DVI-D/HDMI displays, 480i for other displays.

So far no one complained about the new otheros.bld (AFAIK). Which doesn't mean
that (a) the problem doesn't happen and (b) it wouldn't be nice to have a `safe
mode' key sequence...

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619