Book-E watchdog driver questions

Mike Nuss mikenuss at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 04:18:22 EST 2007

> > Is there a reason that booke_wdt.c does not specify a MODULE_LICENSE?
> >> From the copyright notice at the top it appears to be GPL. As
> >> written,
> > it taints the kernel.
>
> Odd, no reason.  I'll submit a patch for that.
>
> > Also, if I test out the driver by killing my process that's doing the
> > pinging, I get a kernel panic:
>
> Its been a while since i've tried this.  I'll try it out and see what
> happens.

I also found that GETBOOTSTATUS returns 0 after the reboot. Looking at
the source code I found the comment "XXX: something is clearing TSR" -
I take that to mean that the register is being cleared by something
before the module tries to read it? In my case U-Boot may be clearing
that - I can take a look.

Mike