Configuration-Problem ext-interrupt on mpc52xx

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Sep 20 01:09:03 EST 2007

On 9/19/07, S. Fricke <silvio.fricke at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can i configure an "ext interrupt" to high-level? I want a interruption on
> IRQ2, but I checked with an oscilloscope that the pin has a low state and I
> needs a high state.
>
> I have tried, after I got the irq (with irq_of_parse_and_map), set it with
>
>     set_irq_type(irq, IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH);
>
> But I think it is a system-configuration (irq_desc) and no
> device-configuration.

You shouldn't need to do this.  You set your sense level in the device tree.

>From your previous email, your device node looks like this:
>             intpin at 0 {
>                 interrupt-parent = <500>;
>                 interrupts = <1 2 2>;
>             };

Which is IRQ2, EDGE_FALLING.

If you change your interrupts property to <1 2 0>, then your sense is
set to LEVEL_HIGH.  (Seriously, you need to read the interrupts
section of Documentation/powerpc/mpc52xx-device-tree-bindings.txt.)

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.