2.6.23-rc3 boot hang on MPC8641D

sivaji rameshmrm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:18:21 EST 2007

Hi,
        I am try to boot the 2.6.23-rc3 kernel to my custom board based on
8641D Processor. After uncompressing the kernel it was hang. I got the
following messages.

   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
   Booting using flat device tree at 0x600000.

       Then i tried to debug with GDB. In my source path i given the command
${CROSS_COMPILE}gdb vmlinux, I got GDB Prompt after i tried to set the
breakpoint at start_kernel. I got follwing messages

gdb) b start_kernel
Cannot access memory at address 0xc02b44ec

Processor Information:
8641D processor and the silicon revision is 2.0.
Part : MPC8641D
Revision:  2.0
e600 Core Revision:  2.2
DeviceMarking:  B
Processor Version Register Value: 0x8004_0202
System Version Register Value:   0x8090_0120

     I don't know how to proceed. Please tell the way how to start kernel
debug in this situation.

By
Sivaji