Merge dtc

David Gibson dgibson at ozlabs.org
Wed Oct 31 13:45:08 EST 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 08:42:49PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> Hi David.
>
> > > Give me a day or two then I shall give it a try and see what I can
> > > do about it.  I will use the previsous posted URL as basis if you do
> > > not tell me otherwise.
> >
> > Thank you.  The previous URL should be fine, I've made no changes
> > since then.
>
> I decided to go for a kbuild specific version integrated
> in boot/Makefile.
> This is much more readable because this syntax is explicit.
> We do not favour 3 levels of variabls to avoid rewriting the same
> filename two times.

Well, yes, on consideration the substitutions in Makefile.dtc are a
bit over-involved.  Although I still find describing its dozen or so
lines as unreadable when set next to the intricate wonders of Kbuild a
little...  bemusing.

> I have tested the change only with a O=.. crosscompile build.
>
> I have tested the patch with and without DTC_GENPARSER=1.
> It does not rebuild if not needed and is OK with -j10 builds.
>
> Please consider this version in favour of your old version.

Ok.  I'll use this version in my next spin; except for adding one
dependency you missed, and removing one which should never have been
there (unneccessary #include, which I've already fixed in dtc
upstream).

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson