request_irq fails to get interrupt 12

Alan Bennett embedded at akb.net
Tue Oct 23 05:55:29 EST 2007

Ok, so what does it take to expose an interrupt vector on a pq2 PIC??
-Alan

Current:
        /
              localbus{
 	       fundevice1 {
		       interrupts = <c 8>;
		       interrupt-parent = <&PIC>;
	       };
               soc at e0000000 {
                      PIC: interrupt-controller at 10c00 {
                          #interrupt-cells = <2>;
                          interrupt-controller;
                          reg = <10c00 80>;
                          compatible = "fsl,mpc8248-pic", "fsl,pq2-pic";
                        };
Is the above device tree enough on its own?
Do I have to write some platform code beyond:
  static void __init ep8248_pic_init(void)
  {
	struct device_node *np = of_find_compatible_node(NULL,   NULL, "fsl,pq2-pic");
	if (!np) {
		printk(KERN_ERR "PIC init: can not find cpm-pic node\n");
		return;
	}

	cpm2_pic_init(np);
	of_node_put(np);
}

-Alan

Hello,

> Freescale experts.  Why on earth can't I request the IRQ for Timer1?

Please consule my question on [1] and the answers.

[1] http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-September/042061.html

bye
Silvio Fricke

--