[RFC/PATCH 2/2] powerpc: irqtrace support to 64-bit powerpc

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Mon Oct 22 23:35:07 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 17:28 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> This adds the low level irq tracing hooks to the powerpc architecture
> needed to enable full lockdep functionality
>
> Some rework from Johannes initial version, removing the asm trampoline that
> isn't needed (thus improving perfs) and fixing a couple of bugs such as
> incorrect initial preempt_count on the softirq alternate stack.

Hmm. It breaks booting on my quad, I finally got around to testing
without this patch and it turns out that it caused the boot failure I
reported in another mail. This is with v2.6.23-6623-g55b70a0, a clean
tree boots fine but with these two patches applied and configured in it
fails during boot, hanging at some point, apparently when userspace is
entered.

On the other hand, it is fine with my original version. I'll have to
find some time to check the differences hunk by hunk I guess.

johannes