ep88xc_defconfig doesn't build

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Mon Oct 22 11:17:12 EST 2007

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 08:17:40PM -0500, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 10:36:25AM +1000, David Gibson wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 09:43:55PM -0500, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Did it ever?! I get this with current mainline when building default target:
> >
> > I think you must have an old dtc; I'm pretty sure I removed the check
> > for /chosen some time ago.  But then I also thought we added a force
> > to the dtc commant line in wrapper ages ago, so now I'm a bit confused.
>
> Hrm, seems like I had an old version. It's a little annoying that it's a
> moving target and it's impossible to find out form a built binary which
> version it is, besides trying to guess based on file time stamps.
>
> A nice enhancement could be to have a "dtc -v" and have the makefile
> verify it before using it.

Current dtc has a -v option.  Trying to verify it in Makefile (or more
to the point in the wrapper script) would be a bit.. messy (since the
necessary version kind of depends on the dts file anyway).

Avoiding this sort of hassle is why I'd like to put a copy of dtc in
the kernel tree.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson