Serial init / BRG

Alan Bennett embedded at akb.net
Wed Oct 17 07:38:20 EST 2007

The lockup is only the shell.  I echo from ttyCPM0 console and it
"locks" then I echo from an ssh session and the kernel messages still
output from the ttyCPM0 console.

NOTE: I found a severe issue that seems to have unlocked ttyCPM2.  BUT
ttyCPM1 still hangs.  (a while back, we commented out the out_be in
cpm_setbrg - oops (console debug left over))

with address / value in cpm_setbrg

echo test > /dev/ttyCPM1 # * note still hang *
CPM uart[1]:startup - port->irq 00000028
CPM uart[1]:startup - port->irq 40
cpm_setbrg:107 - brg:0 baud:9600
cpm_setbrg:108 - addr:e00119f0 value:00010140

echo test > /dev/ttyCPM2  * note doesn't hang *
CPM uart[2]:startup - port->irq 0000002b
CPM uart[2]:startup - port->irq 43
cpm_setbrg:107 - brg:3 baud:9600
cpm_setbrg:108 - addr:e00119fc value:00010140