Warning: "isa_io_base" [/home/oliu/pmm-mpc-k26-6437/pmm.ko] undefined!

Oliver Liu oliver8849 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 01:00:15 EST 2007

Hi,

  When i compile my device driver for kernel2.6, i got a warning as followng:
  Warning: "isa_io_base" [/home/oliu/pmm-mpc-k26-6437/pmm.ko] undefined!

  When i insmod pmm.ko, i got the message as following:
  # insmod pmm.ko
pmm: Unknown symbol isa_io_base
insmod: cannot insert `pmm.ko': Unknown symbol in module (-1): No such file or directory
#

  I am sure the symbol "isa_io_base" is not come from my driver source code. Has anybody  ever met this problem before?

  Regards,
  Oliver