[patch 6/6] PS3: Add os-area database routines

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Tue Oct 9 19:35:52 EST 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Ranulf Doswell wrote:
> On 08/10/2007, Geoff Levand <geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com> wrote:
> > > How do we go about claiming one of these OS_AREA_DB_OWNER_ keys? I'd
> > > very much like to use this functionality in my python-ps3 games library.
> >
> > It sounds like you should be storing your info in the file system like
> > all other applications do.
>

> I'd agree that for large amounts of application specific data, the
> filesystem is the correct approach.
>
> However, in this case the only data required is a single identifier used to
> identify one PS3 from another, and in fact this single 64-bit token can be
> shared amongst many other applications that require the same function -
> certainly I intend to expose it in a common way in my games library's API
> for all users of the library.

MAC address?

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619