[patch 2/6] PS3: Remove unused os-area params

Ranulf Doswell ralf at ranulf.net
Tue Oct 9 08:38:45 EST 2007

On 08/10/2007, Geoff Levand <geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com> wrote:

> Ranulf Doswell wrote:
> >
> > As these values are correctly populated by the hypervisor from the
> > preferences on the standard PS3 OS, it is incredibly useful to have this
> > information available.
>
> No, it is not used, and I never used it.

Maybe I've mistaken how these are used. Having just looked at the source
again, I see that the saved_params field isn't exported.

Am I correct in assuming that this information will still be available in
/dev/ps3flash starting at offset 0x200? That's actually where I'm expecting
to find the information anyway. I believed your patch was changing that
behaviour, although I probably didn't study it enough.

Cheers,
    Ralf.