CPM2 USB host driver

Laurent Pinchart laurentp at cse-semaphore.com
Fri Nov 30 21:45:49 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

Linux USB host support for the CPM, CPM2 and CPM2 pro is far from complete.
Many people showed interest on this list (and on linuxppc-embedded) in the
past, but nobody managed to complete a driver and get it merged.

As I need USB host support on my MPC8248 (CPM2), I decided to scratch the itch
and try to get a working driver that could be merged upstream. This mail
describes my plans to make sure the code I write will be useful for other
people.

The driver will be based on the cpm2usb project (http://cpm2usb.sf.net/). As I
don't own any CPM1-based platform, I will convert the driver to use the CPM2
transaction-level interface, thus making it incompatible with the CPM1. CPM1
support could be added back later. There is no planned release date, and more
urgent projects could put this development on hold.

Comments are welcome (and contributions too, especially in the form of a
working driver :-)).

Best regards,

--
Laurent Pinchart