Problems booting a 64k page kernel

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Thu Nov 29 10:39:02 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 16:50 -0600, aglitke wrote:
> Hello all.  I am new to building 64k page kernels and can't seem to get
> one to boot correctly.  Everything looks okay until init gets a signal
> 11 while booting.  Attached is my boot log and the kernel config I used.
> To generate this config I merely enabled the 64k page option in make
> menuconfig to alter a previously working config.
>
> Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen that happen with an init linked with uClibc, its dynamic
loader was doing mmap with MAP_FIXED on non-64K aligned addresses.
What user space are you using?

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
OzLabs, IBM Australia Development Lab

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person