Sequoia EMAC only works if u-boot initializes it?

Steven A. Falco sfalco at harris.com
Tue Nov 27 06:10:09 EST 2007

I've attached a copy of my bootlog.  I added in one patch to enable
rgmii but that didn't fix it.
(http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-October/043435.html)

I am curious why the new emac driver is enabled in the DENX tree but not
in the upstream trees.  Has DENX successfully used this driver on the
Sequoia board?  Am I trying something that is known not to work?

I'm interested in helping in whatever way I can.  I need ARCH=powerpc to
use the current Xenomai patches, and I need both EMACs so I can evaluate
bonding (for high-availability).

    Thanks,
    Steve