Revisited, audio codec device tree entries.

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Nov 27 02:51:06 EST 2007

David Gibson wrote:

> 	1) We have a "universal" device-tree-based fabric driver which
> parses all the above-described interconnection information in the
> device tree and handles any situation.  Cool, but probably a lot of
> work and fiddly to get right.

Definitely a lot of work.  I suggest we wait until there are a few PowerPC ASOC
v2 audio drivers in the kernel before we even consider this.  And it may not
even be possible.  I can easily imagine situations where we need board-specific
code that belongs in a machine-specific fabric driver.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale