Hardware debuggers for PPC74xx G4 CPUs

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:32:56 EST 2007

On 11/13/07, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> > That's why Dominic wants to get OpenOCD running on the PowerPC. All we
> > need is the programming documentation for controlling the CPU via the
> > debug hardware.
>
> Note that this is basically different for every CPU around.

I'd like to get it for the MPC5200 because of the project I am working
on, an open source audio device. It would be nice if there was a cheap
hardware debugger available for hackers to use on it. Maybe one of the
Freescale developers will see this and send me the right docs.

Is it radically different? Dominic has been able to support every ARM
7/9 chip he can get his hands on without too much trouble once the
core support was written. I don't think he has ARM 11 working yet.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com