[RFC] powermac: proper sleep management

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Nov 13 07:24:01 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 17:32 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > Looks good to me, +/- a couple of things:
> >
> >  - We _REALLY_ want the freezer to be optional and not enabled by
> > default on PowerPC. Maybe make it a compile option ?
>
> Well, Alan is going to tell you that USB will break. If we need
> confirmation for that I can do the test he suggested to you or Paul a
> while ago.

Then USB is broken today on powermacs and need to be fixed. We had a
clear agreement at KS this year that the freezer was at best a band-aid
and that drivers -had- to be fixed to cope regardless.

> Obviously. I don't have any of that. I'd appreciate if somebody could
> test on a 3400 powerbook to see if that pci config space save/restore
> stuff is really necessary or even interferes with the regular stuff.

Might not be that necessary anymore nowadays, the generic code ought to
do it, but I'll give a go, I have one of those (paulus old one) though
last I tried, the HD was dead.

Ben.