pcspkr device, pnpPNP,100

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:07:23 EST 2007

On 11/11/07, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 18:35 -0500, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > Which platform does pcspkr device, pnpPNP,100 belong to, amiga? I'd
> > like to IFDEF add_pcspkr(void) in setup-common.c for the right
> > platform.
>
> #ifdef is evil. What about multiplatform kernels ? Just test for the
> presence of the device in the device-tree (use a platform driver maybe)

This code should be in a device driver so that it can be selected with
Kconfig. Can we #ifdef it now as a hint? I could make it a device
driver but I don't have any hardware to test it on.

I'm trying to get the mpc5200 kernel to build with platform bus turned
off (only of_platform bus). I'm almost there, just a couple more odd
places to patch up.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com