Appletouch going wild

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sat Nov 10 12:59:57 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 13:58 +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Every once in a while the touchpad in my iBook G4 (geyser1, 030B) is
> going wild, emitting random movement events even when not being touched.
> That started only with 2.6.24-rc1.  The only way to stop it is to reload
> the appletouch module.  My guess would be that reinitializing the
> touchpad can result in some kind of race condition.

Is it the same in -rc2? The bad patch that broke fountains was fixed
later, but you do have a geyser. I see random movements once a while too
on my fountain touchpad but it's been a long time since I saw that last.
My guess would be that the reinit changes the zero levels and therefore
the zero levels are wrong, but I don't understand that part of the
driver too well.

johannes